The Department of criminal law and procedure was established in 1994 on the basis of the Department of basic legal knowledge of the historical faculty of Kostanay pedagogical Institute, established in 1992. During the long years of existence of the Department of criminal law and process, it was managed by practicing lawyers: Atzhanov T.Zh., Tutkin M.M., Turlubekov B.S., Baizakova G.M. and Baisarin B.Zh.
The work of the Department of criminal law and procedure is aimed at theoretical and practical training of specialists in accordance with the content of educational programs of higher and postgraduate education.
Purpose and objectives of the Department
Training of highly professional specialists who are able to work in the field of development and implementation of legal norms, law and order, legal training and education based on the relationship of education, research and practice-oriented training.
To achieve this goal, the Department of criminal law and procedure solves the following tasks:
- organizing and conducting high-level educational and methodological work in the disciplines assigned to the Department;
- training and professional development of the teaching staff of the Department;
- improvement of the educational and material base;
- organization and conduct of fundamental and applied research and implementation of their results in practice, including in the educational process;
- formation of students' active citizenship, ability to work and live in the conditions of modern civilization and democracy.
The Department has a comprehensive and constantly modernizing infrastructure (classrooms, practice-oriented simulation halls and polygons, online training rooms, self-training, etc.), which provides our students, undergraduates and doctoral students with all the opportunities for successful development of educational programs of the specialty, consolidation of theoretical knowledge in basic and special legal disciplines and development of legal thinking, hard and soft skills that meet modern expectations of society, labor market requirements, and employers' requests, key priorities of the legal policy.
The teaching staff of the Department has extensive theoretical and practical experience, which makes it possible to use various modern methods and methods of teaching.
The Department is constantly working to improve the skills of the teaching staff.
Teachers of the Department regularly participate in international and regional scientific and practical conferences and forums devoted to topical issues of legal science and teaching.
For the strengthened practice-oriented education the Department is actively and closely with the courts, prosecutors and police and other law enforcement agencies, Kostanay region, acting as organizations – bases of practical training of students of University departments and assisting in the educational process through the expertise and direct participation in the modernization of educational program.
During regular working meetings and mutual consultations, employers make comments, suggestions, and comments both of a general nature and on specific subjects, including the teaching of individual sections, topics, and knowledge control. Representatives of employers, including from among the successful graduates are invited to conduct classes.
A complex of specialized classrooms and halls helps students develop practical skills for their future professional activities.
The Department operates:
- Courtroom training trial: training trials are conducted with the invitation of employees of the court, Prosecutor's office and bar.
- Study of trace analysis and ballistics: designed for conducting training sessions in criminology. It is decorated with stands with visual materials on tracology, ballistics, handwriting, habitoscopy (external signs of a person), samples of cold and firearms are presented.
- Office of investigative actions: it is equipped as a living room of an ordinary apartment and is intended for practical training on working out investigative actions: inspection of the scene, seizure, search, examination of the corpse, etc.
Study room for undergraduates and doctoral students:
- for the purpose of in-depth scientific and methodological self-training, in addition to classrooms, undergraduates and doctoral students of departments have the opportunity to use a special study room equipped with computer equipment and permanently replenished within the framework of intra-University and inter-departmental exchange of methodological, scientific literature, information and reference materials and other materials.