The main task of the Department is to prepare highly qualified specialists with a responsible attitude to business and official duty, owning modern methods of systematic approach to understanding the social and state-legal reality, with the skills of mastering scientific information and its practical application, able to creatively approach the case and solve serious problems.
Department of theory of state and law as an independent structural unit was formed on the basis of the Department of fundamentals of law in 1994.
Department of theory of state and law in different years headed:
- 1994-1996-Lebedev V. A., doctor of law, Professor, honored worker of science of the Russian Federation, honored lawyer of the Russian Federation, Professor of the Department of constitutional and municipal law. E. Kutafina.;
- 1996-1997 Koldybaev S. A., doctor of philosophical Sciences
- 1997-1998-Zhambulov S. O., senior lecturer;
- 1998-2002-Dutbaev K. H., candidate of historical Sciences, Professor;
- 2002-2004.–Chunosova S. J., senior lecturer;
- 2004-2006-D. M., doctor of historical Sciences, Professor;
- 2006-2008-Ukin S. K., candidate of law, associate Professor;
- 2008-2009-Velikaya T. V., candidate of law, associate Professor;
- 2009-2011-Kolpashnikova V. M., candidate of law, associate Professor
- 2012-2016-Shunaeva S. M., candidate of historical Sciences, associate Professor
- 2016-2019-Ukin S. K., candidate of law, associate Professor;
- 2019-Shunaeva S. M., candidate of historical Sciences, associate Professor
Department of theory of state and law provides training on full-time and distance learning on the main and reduced educational programs.
The list of disciplines of the Department of theory of state and law includes disciplines that acquaint students with the state-legal phenomena in the framework of the introduction to the legal profession, with the constitutional and legal development of Kazakhstan, public administration, international law.
The teaching staff of the Department performs educational and methodical work, including the development and updating of work programs in the disciplines of the Department, the preparation of various educational materials, manuals, guidelines. Employees of the Department prepare lectures using modern multimedia equipment, use a variety of innovative forms of training.
Educational work along with teaching and scientific work is an important aspect in the learning process and the formation of the student's personality. Together with the increase in education, educational work contributes to the development of the student's sense of patriotism, civic responsibility, human value and love for the Motherland. In this regard, the teaching staff of the Department actively conducts educational work.